Monday, November 8, 2010

MADD wants you to think ahead this holiday season

As police across Edmonton set up Checkstops this holiday season, Mothers Against Drunk Driving Canada wants to make sure you get the message.
If you're going to have a few drinks at a party, MADD wants you to plan ahead by arranging for a designated driver, calling a taxi, or staying overnight.
National President Denise Dubyk lost her son-in-law in an impaired driving collision in May, 2000.
"I'll never forget that morning, I'll never forget seeing the pain in my daughter's eyes or in the eyes of my grandsons who were just 2 and 6 at the time. As a mother and grandmother there was nothing I could do to protect them."
MADD says impaired driving is the leading criminal cause of death in Canada, claiming over 12 hundred lives in 2007 alone.

SOURCE

No comments:

Post a Comment